SAVANNAH, Ga. (WSAV) — Easter, also called Resurrection Sunday, is a Christian holiday commemorating the belief in the resurrection of Jesus Christ, described in the New Testament of the Bible.
Savannah residents are sharing which songs they could put on a good Easter Sunday playlist and why.
- He lives by Matt Maher – Carol Letcher said, “Because he lives, he is risen.
- Hello beauty by Mary J. Blige – Navada Cooper said, “It reminds me of happiness, it makes most women happy.”
- I want to dance with someone by Whitney Houston – Courtney Johnston said, “It’s a happy song and you can never go wrong with Whitney”
- Sunday clothes by surfaces – Elizabeth Hadaway said, “It’s a good song that feels good and gets you up and moving.”
- Letting go by local Savannah artist Levi Moore – Dominique Matthews said, “It’s a chilling, relaxing song about what’s supposed to be a party morning.”
- By your side by Rod Wave – Ross Polite said: “It puts me in a good mood.”
- family affair by Mary J. Blige – Kia Polite said: “It makes you want to dance and be with the family at Easter.”
- This is Peter CottonTail by Gene Autry – Bud Martin said, “Because I know the words.”
- Bad habits by Ed Sheeran – Kay Martin said, “I like the beat and it brings out some fun emotions.”
- amazing Grace (first recorded by the Original Sacred Harp Choir) – Charmaine Jones said, “I think it’s very meaningful because of the writer’s experience that led him to write the song.” Kay Martin said, “Amazing Grace brings out strong heavy emotional feelings and makes you think about Jesus and life.”
- The mixture of blood parts 1 and 2 by Donnie McClurkin – Keisha Johnson said, “This song reminds me of what Jesus did on the cross, how he died so we could live.
- catch the sun by Lil Baby – Tee McCray said, “It’s an uplifting song. Easter is inspiring.
- i am real by Jennifer Lopez and Ja Rule – Cloud Niklause said, “Because it’s a classic throwback.”
- The Rocket Man by Elton John – Andrew Klumb said “It’s easy to listen to, but there’s also a little kick in it, so you get that boost of energy too.”
- Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars – Joey (4) said he likes to dance to it and “Because I do”.
- There’s no mountain high enough by Diana Ross – John Jones said: “It makes you feel good. It’s Sunday, right? Nothing will stop me from reaching you, and you are God or whoever makes your day better.
17. Passion according to Saint Matthew by Bach – Kurt Ollmann said: “It’s about Easter, the Passion of Christ and its sublime music.
- He Rose (African American Spiritual) – Charles Williams said, “Because it represents Jesus rising from the grave and it should be noted that everyone knows the Savior is alive and not dead..“